Zen Master Allie Kat Flash

Sunday, July 13, 2008

2 4 1 -- podcastdigitalaudiobooks

PODCASTS

I mostly subscribe to podcasts from ITunes because it's super easy to have all my music and podcasts in one place.

But podcastalley was something else.
Trust me ... they have a podcasts on everything ... one called Dirty Kumquat Radio, cooking shows, 83 podcasts on yoga, Twilight podcasts (hooray), and even podcast of the X-rated variety!

This site is useful because you can download podcasts anywhere ... no need for a computer with ITunes.

NPR podcasts are spiffy! I always listen to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me while cooking ... and I do love Ira Glass ... it's the glasses.





AUDIOBOOKS

I gave up on our library audiobooks a while ago because they weren't compatible with my IPod.
But .... I did not know you could burn a downloaded audiobook to CD!! That's cool.

The library needs to have a class on audiobooks or really push the fact that we have them. I think many patrons have no clue!

No comments: